Ferrite Recording Studio supports any device that can run iOS 9, 10 or 11:
- iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus
- iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
- iPad mini, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4
- iPod touch (5th generation), iPod touch (6th generation)
Some features are only available on newer devices:
- Spotlight: Since iOS 9, the iOS search feature you can reach from your device’s Home Screen has been able to include search results from apps like Ferrite, as well as the built-in ones.
- Audio Unit Extensions: This is the ability to “plug in” audio features from one app, into another
- Slide Over: The ability to use one app, then temporarily access another app while the first continues running
- Split View: The ability to have two apps running side by side on the same device.
iOS restricts some of these features to certain devices. Here’s an overview on which features are supported where (if you have a newer device than listed here, it’s probably supported, but you can get in touch if you’re not sure):
|iPad Air||iPad Air 2||iPad Pro|
|Audio Unit Extensions||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|iPad mini||iPad mini 2||iPad mini 3||iPad mini 4|
|Audio Unit Extensions||✓||✓||✓|
|Audio Unit Extensions||?¹||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Slide Over and Split View are not available on iPhone.
|Audio Unit Extensions||✓|
Slide Over and Split View are not available on iPod touch.
1. Note: We haven’t been able to confirm whether Audio Unit Extensions are supported or not on the iPhone 5, since Apple haven’t confirmed either way, and they no longer sell that device. If you have one of those devices, we recommend you treat it as not being supported by the Audio Unit Extensions feature, then decide whether Ferrite Recording Studio is suitable for your needs. If you have one of these devices and find that Audio Unit Extensions do work with it, please let us know so we can update this information. Thanks! ←