Build sounds from basic waveforms, or capture them from the world around you using the iPad’s built-in microphone. Then, tinker with Sylo Synthesiser’s filters and other settings to make a sound all your own.
Sylo Synthesiser features live time-stretching technology based on granular synthesis, and a suite of filters:
- Speed up or slow down a recorded sound to use as an instrument
- With a regular wavetable synthesiser, higher-pitched notes are also faster, like chipmunks, and lower-pitched notes are also slower, as though they are moving through treacle
- But enable our “Sync Speed” feature, and lower or higher-pitched notes still play back at the same speed, keeping them in sync with each other
- Fiddle with the speed control even while you’re playing notes: Slow, stop or even rewind the sound in the middle of notes — without changing the pitch
- Granular synthesis allows you to create instruments or effects from a recording, that do not sound like the original, yet retain its realistic, natural sound
- Frequency modulation, ring modulation, echo/delay, distortion, and a low-pass filter with resonance control are available
And: Sylo Synthesiser is free!
You can experiment, play music, and create sounds, with access to all the filters and other synthesis features, free of charge. Sylo Synthesiser also supports Core MIDI.
Upgrade to Sylo Synthesiser Pro and you gain these additional features:
- Use existing audio files as the building-blocks of your instrument: import audio from wave, aiff, mp3 and aac/m4a files
- Save recordings to your iPad or to Dropboxfootnote 1 online storage
- Save your new instruments to the preset list for fast access
- AudioCopy/AudioPaste support
- Open recordings in other apps
It’s quick and easy to upgrade from inside Sylo Synth itself.
Sylo Synthesiser contains some icons by Joseph Wain/glyphish.com